Home-canned tomato sauce has been a tradition for many
families and generations. Making your own is easy to do and
will make your tomato dishes taste so much better (and
preservative free). Learning the canning process will also allow
you to use your homemade tomato sauce in the middle of the
winter (and for the whole year) to make a fresh spaghetti
sauce, lasagna, chili or other tomato-based meal with that
fresh, garden taste.
In this class you will learn:
– The varieties of tomatoes and how to use them
– How to make a tomato sauce
– How to can and naturally preserve a tomato sauce
– How to make and can a spaghetti sauce
– A traditional Italian family recipe
– A couple of jars of fresh home-canned tomato sauce
– A couple of jars of fresh spaghetti sauce
At the end of the class Chef Andy will make a few samples of
fresh and dry pasta dishes to share and taste.
By completing this booking request, you acknowledge that this is a request that needs to be confirmed by our Partners. Once verified, you will receive a confirmation email.